Patent Attorney (Hi-Tech sector)
About The Position
Innoviz is a world-leader cutting-edge LiDAR (Laser imaging, Detection, and Ranging) development company. Our LiDAR enables autonomous driving in the next-generation vehicles of leading companies such as BMW and VW.
We are seeking a skilled Patent Attorney to join our IP team.
As a Patent Attorney specializing in Automotive LiDAR technology at Innoviz, you will play a critical role in protecting our intellectual property. You will work closely with our IP Manager and research and development teams to identify and create IP assets that safeguard our LIDAR technology.
- Help expand the company's patent portfolio
- Assist in patent mining activities to capture new ideas and innovations and collaborate with inventors and engineering teams to identify patentable inventions
- Perform patentability searches and Patentability Analyses
- Develop innovative concepts into robust, strategic and high-value claims aligned with business objectives
- Draft high-quality patent applications
- Assist in prosecution strategy and prepare responses to office actions from patent offices around the world.
- Collaborate with external counsel
- BSc or advanced degree, or substantial industry experience in Electrical Engineering, Optics, Opto-Mechanics
- Patent Attorney certification (IL, US, or EP)
- Familiarity with AV automotive technologies - Advantage
- Minimum 7 years of experience drafting and practicing as a patent attorney, with a focus on electro-optics or disciplines mentioned above
- Strong knowledge of US patent laws and regulations in technology sectors
- Experience with patent search tools
- Experience with US and European prosecution and drafting practices and working with US and EP counsel on patent prosecution
- Fast Learner
- Excellent English, both written and verbal
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team organization
- Highly organized and detail-oriented