The Core of Innoviz
InnovizCore is an advanced automotive-grade hardware and software compute platform for Level 2+ through Level 5 autonomous vehicles. The autonomous driving domain controller (ADC) converts the GMSL output from the InnovizTwo LiDAR to Ethernet and sends it to the vehicle’s central Electronic Control Unit (ECU).
- A powerful system-on-a-chip (SoC) processor for executing Computer Vision algorithms and real-time driving decisions.
- Perception software that processes the raw point cloud data from the LiDAR and performs object and obstacle detection, classification, tracking, lane marking detection, and landmark detection for mapping.
- Monitoring of blockage on the LiDAR window and degradation due to adverse conditions.
- Online and dynamic calibration of the LiDAR sensor.
- Range estimation.
- A Minimal Risk Maneuver (MRM) system that monitors the transition phase between autonomous and manual driving. If a failure is detected in the main driving system, or if the driver does not take control of vehicle promptly, the InnovizCore MRM safety mechanism makes real-time driving decisions based on the LiDAR data and guides it to a safe stop.
- Support for AUTOSAR and ISO 26262.