About The Position
The technical writer position provides a unique opportunity to learn and write about the technologies and diverse disciplines that are integrated into Innoviz’s advanced LiDAR laser sensors and perception software. The technical writer belongs to the Product team and works closely with product managers, R&D engineers, FAEs, and other teams within the company to create professional documentation for our world-class partners and customers.
The position is responsible for documenting Innoviz’s products, as well as the processes and systems used internally and by our partners and customers. It is a dream job for an individual with a broad perspective who can see the forest and the trees.
The technical writer will create and maintain the following documentation:
- Technical product documentation: all of Innoviz’s official customer-facing printed documentation of hardware and software products, including user manuals, installation guides, datasheets, application notes, release notes, technical notes, and more. Maintain documents on website and Product team FTS site. Manage document translations. Review GUIs and scripts.
- Processes: how testing, compliance, and manufacturing processes are conducted
- Systems: user manuals that explain the use of internal systems – such as the Service Desk for customer support and the purchasing website – used by employees, partners, and customers
- 2+ years of experience as a technical writer
- English as a mother tongue (advantage: raised and educated in an English-speaking country)
- BA or BS from a North American university in liberal arts or engineering (advantage)
- Good Hebrew reading and conversational skills
- Experience working with engineers (advantage)
- Familiarity with hardware, software, and communications equipment (advantage)
- Excellent writing, proofreading, editing, and organizational skills
- Obsessive attention to details
- Multi-tasker, team player with great interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to learn complex topics quickly and to explain them in clear, concise English
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and XML authoring tools (we use Help+Manual)