Junior Technical Writer
About The Position
About the Position
Innoviz is looking for junior technical writer to join our team! Innoviz develops LiDAR (light detection and ranging) laser sensors and perception software that are used for detecting objects and obstacles in our surroundings, for the Automotive industry.
The junior technical writer position provides a unique opportunity to learn and write about all the technologies and diverse disciplines that are integrated to create Innoviz’s advanced LiDAR laser sensors and perception software. The technical writer works closely with product managers, R&D engineers, application engineers, the operations team, and other teams within the company to create professional documentation on the level expected by our world-class partners and customers.
Documenting Innoviz’s products, as well as the processes and systems used internally and by our partners and customers. Creation and maintaining the following documentation:
- Technical product documentation: all of Innoviz’s official customer-facing printed documentation of hardware and software products, including user manuals, installation guides, datasheets, application notes, release notes, technical notes, and more. Maintain documents on web site and Product team FTS site. Manage document translations. Review GUIs and scripts.
- Processes: how testing, compliance, and manufacturing processes are conducted
- Systems: user manuals that explain the use of internal systems – such as the Service Desk for customer support and the purchasing web site – used by employees, partners, and customers
- 2-5 years of experience as a technical writer
- English as a mother tongue (advantage: raised and educated in an English-speaking country)
- BA or BSc from a top-rated university in liberal arts or engineering
- Good Hebrew reading and conversational skills
- Experience working with engineers (advantage)
- Familiarity with hardware, software, and communications equipment (advantage)
- Excellent writing, proofreading, editing, and organizational skills
- Obsessive attention to details
- Multi-tasker, team player with great interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn complex topics quickly and to explain them in clear, concise English
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and XML authoring tools (we use Help+Manual)