Operations Quality Metrology Engineer
About The Position
Innoviz is looking for a talented Metrology Engineer to join the Operations Quality group.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing and executing measuring protocols for optical and mechanical parts.
- Measure optical and mechanical components according to drawings and specifications using various metrology equipment (e.g. CMM, OGP, interferometer)
- Manage in-house measurement lab and equipment, including calibration and maintenance
- Generate automated measurement programs
- Document results in measurement reports (FAIR)
- Collaborate with optical and mechanical engineers to define specifications, dimensions, and tolerances for quality control according to GD&T standards
- Technical alignment and communication with manufacturers on measurement methods and processes, including required fixtures and set-ups
- B.Sc. in Optical/Electrical/Mechanical engineering or related field
- Experience in optical and mechanical metrology measurements, such as: 3D&2D geometry, lens assembly centration, surface quality, etc
- Experience in mechanical components, fixtures and jigs design – an advantage
- Experience in mechanical and optical production methods – an advantage
- Ability to work efficiently in a multidisciplinary environment with tight, fast-paced development schedules
- Hands-on approach, a team player