Optics Process Engineer
About The Position
About the Position
We are looking for an Optics Process Engineer (PE) to develop and support our assembly processes from development to industrialization, focusing on active alignment (AA) and optics assembly processes.
The PE will take responsibility on production line performance, including design, optimization and monitoring manufacturing processes of both existing products and new designed products, in house and at our vendors (contractor manufacturing).
- Process development of optics and opto-mechanics assemblies
- Active alignment machine process development and bring-up
- Technology and operational transfer of manufacturing processes from R&D to manufacturing environment.
- Lead and manage production process development from design phase - DFM, up to implementation in the production line
- Leading engineering activity regarding process optimization, capacity, and quality improvement.
- Support PFMEA and CP activities and documentation
- Work with a cross functional team to identify and resolve customer and field related issues
- Education: BSc. Degree in relevant field – Optics (most preferable) or Electrical Engineering
- 3-5 years of professional experience as process/manufacturing engineer in an optics related product- must
- At least 2 years of experience developing electro-optical systems
- Hands-on experience building electro-optical setups for performance
- Characterization measurements at component and system levels
- Experience in automation of setups and image processing
- Position responsibilities require project management skills and multi-tasking ability
- Experience with multidisciplinary products NPI
- Experience in working with vendors and CM’s
- Good analytical skills, self-starter with drive, focus, and initiative
- Language skills: Good English, both written and verbal
- Software: JMP, Minitab or equivalent, Python and Labview - advantage
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- A real team player able to efficiently work with multi disciplines across the organization (Production, SC, R&D, QA etc)