About The Position
The component engineer will ensure continuity of supply for Innoviz products’ components. The Component Engineer will work closely with different functions like Design Engineering, Global Operations, Purchasing, Quality Assurance and Innoviz Supply Chain base to ensure component availability and reliability.
- Collaborate with HW team and Opto-Mechanic team on the selection of electronic components to meet design intent while ensuring supply continuity.
- Work with R&D, and Supply Chain to resolve component sourcing issues by using alternate sources and/or components.
- Monitor, identify and resolve all life-cycle issues and assist various teams to identify appropriate sources and substitutes for components
- Work with R&D to approve the use of alternate components.
- Identify, recommend actions, and track key areas of concern to the electronic component supply chain.
- Ensure highest material quality for production and safe sourcing through defined and controlled AVL, AML, incoming and in-process compatibility
- Full responsibility on components data in the PLM: data sheet, specification sheets, sourcing details, ROHS/REACH/AEC-Q etc.
- 5 years’ experience in components engineering.
- Experience in collaborating with R&D engineers, Manufacturing and Suppliers for New Product Introductions.
- Ability to interpret Electrical Schematics.
- Experience with PLM systems.
- Experience with Electronic component selection criteria.
- Working knowledge of Electronics component industry.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Excel.