R&D Optical Active Alignment Engineer
About The Position
Innoviz is looking for a talented engineer to join the R&D Photonics group.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing cutting-edge optical assembly capabilities. Hands-on basic programming skills are required.
The active alignment process allows highly accurate optical element positioning.
The position combines a good understanding of optics, mechanics, process development, and programming skills.
- B.Sc / M.Sc in Physics/Electro-Optics/Electrical/Mechanical Eng. or similar discipline.
- 3+ years of experience as a R&D development or process engineer.
- Experience using high-end optical and mechanical equipment such as: motorized stages, Hexapods, LVDT’s, Lasers, beam profilers, optical power meters etc.
- Good programming skills in Python / MATLAB.
- “Hands-on” Experience in assembly of complex opto-mechanical products such as: pick and place, die-attach, adhesives, soldering, etc. – an advantage.
- Experience developing optical active-alignment process – an advantage.
- Experience with data analysis tools (e.g. JMP) – big advantage.
- Knowledge in process development methodologies