Quality Metrology Engineer
About The Position
Innoviz is looking for a talented engineer to join the R&D Photonics group.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing and executing measuring protocols for optical and mechanical parts.
The position includes:
- Measure optical and mechanical components according to drawings and specifications using various metrology equipment (e.g. CMM, OGP, interferometer, spectrophotometer).
- Manage in-house measurement lab and equipment, including calibration and maintenance.
- Generate automated measurement programs.
- Document results in measurement reports (FAIR).
- Collaborate with optical and mechanical engineers to define specifications, dimensions, and tolerances for quality control according to GD&T standards.
- Technical alignment and communication with manufacturers on measurement methods and processes, including required fixtures and set-ups.
- B.Sc. in Optical/Electrical/Mechanical engineering or related field.
- Experience in optical and mechanical metrology measurements, such as: 3D&2D geometry, lens assembly centration, loss for reflective and transmissive optics, surface quality, MTF, etc.
- Experience in mechanical design – an advantage.
- Ability to work efficiently in a multidisciplinary environment with tight, fast-paced development schedules.
- Hands-on approach, a team player.