Laser & Laser-Packaging R&D Expert
About The Position
Innoviz is looking for a talented engineer to join the R&D Photonics team.
In this role, you will be leading the design and process development of optical semiconductor packaging.
You will be required to work independently with suppliers and sub-contractors worldwide.
The position requires broad experience with opto-electronics, materials, IC packaging and qualification methods.
- B.Sc / M.Sc in Materials, Physics, Electro-Optics, Mechanical Eng. or similar discipline. PhD – advantage.
- Broad material and fabrication knowledge and 3+ years of assembly process development experience in opto-electronics..
- Knowledge of assembly processes, such as die attach, flip-chip, wire bond, encapsulation, underfill.
- Strong laboratory skills, including, data collection, data analysis, technical writing, and presentation skills.
- Proven experience in specifying, analyzing and testing optical components and systems.
- Proven experience in global supplier and subcontractor management.
- Knowledge and practical experience in characterization of semiconductor lasers and photodiodes – advantage.
- Highly Independent
- Process development methodology
- Strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills.
- Ability to work cross-functionally as both a team leader and a contributor.
- “Can do” attitude