System Engineer - MEMS Control
About The Position
About the team
The System Architecture group is responsible for specifying and architecture design of Innoviz's lidar products, which are complex multidisciplinary systems consisting of hardware, optics, algorithms, ASIC, MEMS, mechanics and software. The group is the technical authority on system considerations including performance, reliability and functional safety.
The MEMS System Engineering team is responsible for the MEMS scanning module, a key-component in the heart of the LiDAR system. The MEMS module is a complex system in itself, spreading across numerous disciplines.
- Leading the development and system integration of the MEMS control sub-system and algorithms
- A strong influence on the design of the MEMS-chip and optical concept
- Developing system-level solutions with interfaces to other teams: MEMS, RTL, ASIC, embedded software, hardware, optics, etc.
- A Hands-on approach for system development and device characteristics
- Analysis and simulation of system performance
- Researching novel architecture concepts
- B.Sc. Electrical Engineering from a leading academic institute
- 5 years of experience in system engineering roles
- Experience with embedded systems
- Experience with electro-optical systems
- Hands-on experience in HW or embedded SW design - Preferred
- Experience with control-systems - Preferred
- Experience with MEMS - Preferred
- Experience with simulation tools, e.g. Matlab, Simulink, Python
- Strong analytic and communication skills, teamwork, flexibility, and ability to work well in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Thorough and methodical
- High proficiency in technical English